Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyogre's Mystery Big Brother 2: Tinseltown

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Head of Household #6

Go down 
+7
Jennifer Lawrence
Michael Cera
Nicholas D'Agosto
Marilyn Monroe
Kerr Smith
Dane Cook
Ewan McGregor
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ewan McGregor
Admin
Ewan McGregor

Head of Household #6 Empty
PostSubject: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 18:56:15

Starts @ 5pm PT
Back to top Go down
https://kyogresmysterybb2.forumotion.com
Ewan McGregor
Admin
Ewan McGregor

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 19:55:51

Head of Household #6: Movie Night # 4----> The Lives of Others

Head of Household #6 IRI59pK

Hello houseguests, and welcome to your 6th Head of Household competition of the season. Mila Kunis, as outgoing Head of Household, you are not eligible to compete. However, you are eligible to compete in the reward challenge, which will be posted shortly.

For this challenge, we will, once again, look at another of favorite movies ever: The Lives of Others. . I recommend that if you are into foreign films and have not seen this one yet, that you do so ASAP. It's a good one.

The challenge it's very simple: I will post three paragraphs with information about the movie. Some key facts, however, have been left out. Your goal is to fill in the blanks with the appropriate name/fact. For your convenience, the facts are posted below the paragraphs, so all you have to do is write the letter attached to each of them in the corresponding blank. First person to do this successfully, or person with the most correct blanks filled after 15 minutes, will be the new Head of Household.

I will post the paragraphs at 5:05 and you will have til 5:20 to send me your answers. If I dont have anything by then from you, you are out of the challenge.

You will be sending me your answers in a private message with the title: "The Lives of Others". Any other title, and youre disqualified. You can only send once.
Back to top Go down
Ewan McGregor
Admin
Ewan McGregor

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:05:17

The Lives of Others (German: __________________) is a 2006 German thriller film, marking the feature film debut of filmmaker __________________________.
The film is about the monitoring of ____________ by agents of the ________, the GDR's secret police. It stars __________ as Stasi Captain Gerd Wiesler, Ulrich Tukur as his boss ___________, Sebastian Koch as the playwright Georg Dreyman, and Martina Gedeck as Dreyman's lover, a prominent actress named __________________
The film was released in Germany on _____ March 2006. At the same time, the screenplay was published by ____________. The Lives of Others won the _____ Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. The film had earlier won seven ____________awards—including those for best film, best director, best screenplay, best actor, and best supporting actor—after setting a new record with _____ nominations. It was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at the 64th Golden Globe Awards. The Lives of Others cost US$2 million and grossed more than US$77 million worldwide as of November_____.

The film was received with widespread acclaim. Film aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes reports a 93% "Fresh" rating, based on 142 positive reviews out of 152. Several critics pointed to the film's subtle building up of details as one of its prime strengths. The film is built "on layers of emotional texture", wrote____________ in______________. ______________ writing in the ____________________called the film "a triumph of muted grandeur." Lisa Schwarzbaum, writing in Entertainment Weekly, pointed out that some of the subtlety in the film is due to the fact that "one of the movie's tensest moments take place with the most minimal of action" but that the director still "conveys everything he wants us to know about choice, fear, doubt, cowardice, and heroism.

In February 2007, _______________ and_____________ announced a deal with The Weinstein Company to produce and direct an English-language remake of The Lives of Others. Minghella died in March _____ and Pollack died less than three months later, ending any possibility for a remake of the film by them.

A. 2008
B. 23
C. Stasi
D. Das Leben der Anderen
E. Salon online magazine
F. Anton Grubitz
G. Suhrkamp Verlag
H. Ulrich Mühe
I. 2006
J. Anthony Minghella
K. Josh Rosenblatt
L. 2007
M. Stephanie Zacharek
N. 11
O. Christa-Maria Sieland
P. Austin Chronicle
Q. East Berlin
R. Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck
S. Sydney Pollack
T. Deutscher Filmpreis

Remember to PM me your answers with the title "The Lives of Others"
Back to top Go down
Ewan McGregor
Admin
Ewan McGregor

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:26:31

You guys freaked me out for a bit. I got like 4 PMs, all with wrong titles. But along came the winner, who spared me from embarrassment of watching my cast throw an HOH challenge Laughing

Anyway, your new Head of Household is...

Spoiler:

Ok, you have til 6:15 to name your nominees for this round. The POV challenge will take place at 6:30 PT, so I'll see you all then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dane Cook

Dane Cook

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:27:09

Yeah Nick! You go boy
Back to top Go down
Kerr Smith

Kerr Smith

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:27:33

Congrats on HoH Nick!
Back to top Go down
Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:27:54

What?! Congrats Nick! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nicholas D'Agosto

Nicholas D'Agosto

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:27:58

Why so serious?
Back to top Go down
Michael Cera

Michael Cera

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:28:04

omg good job nick!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:28:06

Congrats Nicholas!
Back to top Go down
Jane Levy

Jane Levy

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:28:28

Nicholas! Well done.
Back to top Go down
Mila Kunis

Mila Kunis

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:28:35

Congrats Nicholas!
Back to top Go down
James Badge Dale

James Badge Dale

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 20:31:28

I sent in the correct title at least. Very Happy Congrats Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Nicholas D'Agosto

Nicholas D'Agosto

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:08:39

This is a tough decision because all of you are active for the most part. However, I have to nominate two people for eviction and its never an easy task. That being said, I have chosen to nominate Jennifer and Marilyn for eviction. We hardly speak in this game and when we do, it's always right when a challenge is over.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:13:39

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:13:51

No problem. Good luck Jennifer!
Back to top Go down
Mila Kunis

Mila Kunis

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:14:16

Thanks for the key, Nick!

Good luck ladies!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:14:32

Good luck Marylin!
Back to top Go down
Dane Cook

Dane Cook

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:15:53

Thanks for the key bro. best of luck with PoV and eviction ladies
Back to top Go down
Kerry Washington

Kerry Washington

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:17:37

Good luck girls! Thanks Nick!
Back to top Go down
Jane Levy

Jane Levy

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May - 21:20:26

Good Luck girls. Thanks Nicholas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head of Household #6   Head of Household #6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head of Household #6
Page 1 of 1